Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We built this city on Brick and Roll!

Need a silly gimmick to spice up your music and rhythm game sessions? Well you're in luck. Lego Rock Band has been officially announced, and should be making its way into stores this holiday season. More details here.

I gotta say, I'm not convinced that this is a game we needed. As much as I love the Rock Band and Guitar Hero series, I feel like the formula is getting old. While cute Lego avatars would definitely be awesome, I can't imagine that it would really be enough for me to shell out $60.00 bucks for a new game. There's an innovation for the genre out there somewhere, we just haven't found it quite yet. I keep pushing Accordion Hero, but no one seems too jazzed about that yet. Polka Power, baby!

Evidently the game will focus more on humor and a teen/tween audience, neither of which are things that sound essential to a music game. However, they have announced a few killer tracks, namely
Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting" and Europe's "The Final Countdown." I have to admit, the prospect of an Arrested Development themed Lego band performing "The Final Countdown" makes my hair stand on end. Now, will they include Lego cut off jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment